Harnessing Microsoft Teams During The Coronavirus Pandemic
Have you started using Microsoft Teams to keep your staff productive and connected while they work from home?
The coronavirus pandemic is in full swing and has not shown any signs of slowing down. Day by day, the importance of social distancing has become more apparent. If the US population is going to flatten the curve, citizens need to stay home as much as possible.
As a part of this effort, businesses across the country have sent their staff members home and hastily pivoted to a remote work model. Have you been able to keep your staff working while they’re stuck at home?
You should be making use of Teams, Microsoft’s flagship virtual meeting product – and right now, you can do so at no cost. Microsoft is currently offering a free 6-month trial of Microsoft Office 365 E1, including Microsoft Teams, in response to the coronavirus outbreak.
Your Microsoft Teams Primer
As more and more employees are required to work from home during the coronavirus pandemic, the need for technology to keep them connected has become direr.
Microsoft Teams is a chat-based workspace that brings people together to collaborate, communicate and share content. It offers a flexible environment that makes everything visible, integrated and accessible to your staff. It’s a messaging application where everyone in one place can access all conversations, meetings, and notes, and it’s a hub where you can work together with the security and real-time communication you need for collaboration.
Teams allows you to schedule and join online Skype meetings with HD video, VoIP, and dial-in audio conferencing options. Have a dedicated phone number for placing and receiving domestic and international phone calls, with advanced features including voicemail, transfer, delegation and emergency calling.
What Will Microsoft Teams Do For Your Remote Staff?
There are many benefits of using Microsoft Teams while working from home, including the following:
- Video Meetings: Whether you have ten employees or 10,000 employees – they can all meet in one place, no matter where they’re located.
- File Sharing: Edit, access, and share files with simplified search capabilities that make it easy to find what you need, alongside access to all Word, PowerPoint, and Excel files in real-time from one convenient hub.
- Cybersecurity: Teams’ advanced security controls including data loss prevention, information barriers, legal hold, retention policies, and much more to keep any sensitive data within files safe against unauthorized access.
- Management: Stay in the loop regarding meetings as employees have access to a complete view of their scheduled meetings, the timing, the subject, and a full list of other people who will be in attendance.
- Compliance: Maintain compliance with a range of regulations as the platform is compliant and able to meet the obligations of over 42 national, regional, and industry-specific regulations.
The best part is that Microsoft is offering a free 6-month trial of Microsoft Office 365 E1, including Microsoft Teams, in response to the coronavirus outbreak. Get started now to keep your team productive while they’re working from home.
Like this article? Check out the following blogs to learn more: